Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pinoy Recipe - Adobong Manok



Chicken adobo or adobong manok is one of the most popular dish in the Philippines. Everybody likes it and almost everybody knows how to cook it. And also, everybody has their own way of making their adobo. Like me for example. I have seen some of my relatives cook adobo and without tomatoes. I have also seen one of my aunt put tomato sauce on her adobo. See, everybody has their own style. And this particular recipe is "my style." But I actually got it from my Aunt Ruth because that's how she makes her adobo. She would put tomatoes and I find it a lot better compared to adobo without tomatoes.

But anyway, like what I have said, everybody has their own style and preference when it comes to cooking. You should go with what you are comfortable with. Like on this particular video recipe, at first, we mentioned that the optional ingredients are Mang Tomas All-Purpose Sauce and oyster sauce. While cooking the adobo, I was really hesitant on adding those two ingredients because I don't know how it will turn out. It will probably turn out good, but the thing is, we made this particular video recipe for my brother-in-law who doesn't even know what adobo tastes like. And besides, I don't even know if there is an Asian store where he can buy Mang Tomas All-Purpose Sauce. So, we decided to not include those two optional ingredients and just go with what I know and what Nunnie likes.

Anyway, it came out really good. I am glad that Nunnie likes it. And I like it too. The good thing about chicken adobo or even pork adobo, is that the longer you store it, the better it tastes. I don't know, for me, it just tastes better when you serve it the next day. Next time, I am going to try to make it with Mang Tomas All-Purpose Sauce and oyster sauce and I will let you know how it turns out.

Visit Pinoy Recipe for more mouth watering Pinoy recipe.

Join Us On Facebook.

Follow Us On Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment