Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pinoy Recipe - Inihaw na Liempo



Have you heard Anthony Bourdain said that we, Pinoys, have the best pig? He meant that the Philippines has the best lechon in the world. Well guess what, I just heard something like that from Nunnie after I served him this really mouthwatering inihaw na liempo. He said that so far, the inihaw na liempo was the best grilled meat he has ever had. And that makes me really proud of myself because I made it. He also said that if we can, we should marinate and grill our meat just like this every time we want some grilled meat.

Inihaw na liempo is a very popular food in the Philippines. You can see this being cooked and sold on every street of Manila, Cubao, Pasig, everywhere. It may not be healthy to eat this all the time, but sometimes, due to the distinctive taste of this inihaw na liempo (especially the ones with lots of fat) you just can't help it. I remember when I was still in Pasig, I would purposely standby near the grill when somebody is grilling some barbecue or any kind of street foods because I wanted to smell the smoke. I didn't mind smelling like grilled food because it's actually not bad.

Inihaw na liempo taste really good but be careful not to eat this everyday. Especially the ones with lots of fat. It is not healthy. It's okay to indulge with this once in a while, but you've got to be careful. And not just for inihaw na liempo. I guess you should try to be careful with everything that you eat. Take me as an example. I am trying my best to watch my food intake, but sometimes, when the food is as good as inihaw na liempo and when you are pregnant (of course that's a perfect excuse) you just can't help but satisfy your cravings.

Visit Pinoy Recipe for more mouthwatering Pinoy Recipe.

Join Us On Facebook.

Follow Us On Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment