Saturday, May 15, 2010

Pinoy Recipe - Ginisang Mungo



This is my first time cooking this Pinoy recipe with Nunnie. I was a little hesitant because it's vegetable and he doesn't like vegetable that much. And if he does not like it, then it means I will have to eat this ginisang mungo by myself. But luckily after smelling the aroma from the sauteed pork and shrimp, he finally said the magic words, "it smells good," which means, I am don't have to worry about this food being thrown away.

This ginisang mungo is just a very ordinary food in the Philippines. I guess everybody knows how to cook this. We just filmed the cooking of ginisang mungo for the sake of those Non-Filipino viewers who wants to try Pinoy recipes. And I have also shared a little secret that can make the taste of this Pinoy recipe even better (although not very healthy) which is the addition of the fried pork skin or what we call chicharon. My mother does not even add chicharon to her ginisang mungo. I just got that secret from my aunt who lives in Pasig City. Thanks Tita Myrna! And I tell you what, her ginisang mungo won't last very long on the table. And she would put probably 3 times the bag of pork skin than what I have put on mine on the video. And also, the quality of pork skin really does affect the flavor of the ginisang mungo. When I was still living with them, I would eat ginisang mungo just because of the pork skin. It's that good.

Also, I personally like ginisang mungo with lots and lots of shrimps. I can even eliminate pork but not shrimp. I guess it's because shrimp is quite expensive in the Philippines that I was not able to really indulge myself with that. But here, luckily, it is not be cheap, but it's relatively affordable. I am just so glad that Nunnie likes it. I wish I can also share everything that I cook to whoever watch the Pinoy recipe videos because every time we cook, it's always a lot. And I won't mind sharing it with everybody.

Visit Pinoy Recipe for more mouthwatering Pinoy Recipe.

Join Us On Facebook.

Follow Us On Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment