Friday, April 17, 2009

Globe Broadband Request for Termination

For those of you who are so tired of the crappy service of Globe Broadband, you may wanna take a look at this letter I submitted to them. This was very effective. No questions asked when I submitted this.

To: Globe

From: uday

Subject: Cancellation of Internet and phone service

Dear Globe,

Please be advised that I wish to cancel my account #830213737 for internet and phone service effective immediately. Globe has failed to provide and maintain a stable internet connection to me and periods of no internet at all have lasted as long as three weeks under the guise of a so-called "System Restoration".

This kind of "service" is intolerable.

Repeated attempts to resolve this issue with Globe Customer Service agents were not only futile but obviously scripted to make promises Globe has not kept and obviously cannot keep. Your obligation to provide a stable internet connection is a basic element of our contractual agreement and Globe has treated me with only contempt.

Furthermore, I was promised one month of free service as an incentive to activate service with Globe but I did not get it. I still have the leaflet that says if I subscribe from November 2007 until December 2007, I am entitled to avail Globe's promos, and since I want so bad to have my internet, I subscribed, and I chose the 1 Month Subscription Free over the printer since I am not going to need the printer. And guess what? I got my first bill which has a one-day billing period and when I called Globe Customer Service, she said that that is the supposed 1 Month Subscription Free and its not even free at all! I asked her how could that happen? I was supposed to have my first month subscription free but she said that that is system generated and that there is nothing they can do about it. I was really disappointed. I was attracted to Globe and that 1 Month Subscription Free had a big impact on me because I thought it was true.

Regarding this advertisement, based of the RA7394 or Consumer Act of the Philippines Title III - Protection Against Deceptive, Unfair and Unconscionable Sales Acts or Practices; Chapter 1 Article 48 to 52. I just want to highlight Article 50 Prohibition Against Deceptive Sales Acts or Practices - A deceptive act or practice by a seller or supplier in connection with a consumer transaction violates this Act whether it occurs before, during or after the transaction. An act or practice shall be deemed deceptive whenever the producer, manufacturer, supplier or seller, through concealment, false representation of fraudulent manipulation, induces a consumer to enter into a sales or lease transaction of any consumer product or service.

The total lack of responsive customer service and reliable internet service has caused me to lose my job which was dependant on a reliable and stable internet connection. My patience has come to an end and I will not tolerate any further deceit from Globe. I have received two statements regarding payment of my account through the postal service, it is obvious that you cannot bill people on the internet because your customers would never receive it. Therefore I refuse to pay any payments due and in fact I demand a refund for the 5 months I have had your "Service" because it is defective and completely unreliable. I have since applied for and received good service from another internet provider and I have no intentions of ever being a Globe customer again. Additionally, I cannot and will not recommend Globe to any person I come into contact with.

Sincerely,
uday

No comments:

Post a Comment